First of all we have 3 bits of information for you today.
The second part of this newsletter is that we were contacted by a lady whose husband passed away, she is looking to sell his photo and cinema gear.
1) Occaphot is now 7 weeks away. The deadline for registering as a seller is 26th November 2017. To rent a stall click here: https://photographia-asbl.com/?product_cat=occaphot&lang=en
- Order your half tables.
- Order your sellers badge AND the badges for your assistants. (if you are a member your members badge is enough, you don’t need to order another for yourself. You do need to order them for your assistants.)
- Order your parking card.
- Fill in this form with your ID information and number plates: https://photographia-asbl.com/?page_id=1843&lang=en
- Pay for your reservation within 7 days as is stated in the terms and conditions otherwise your stall can be cancelled.
2) We are pleased to announce a new event in our calendar: CaroloPhoto.
It will be an outdoor fair like Occaphot’ in the gardens of the museum of photography in Charleroi. It will be held on the 6th May 2018. Registration isn’t open yet but we’ll let you know when it is.
3) And a 3rd event of a different kind. We’ve talked about it but it’s a done deal now. A Collodion Festival (for wet and dry plate). We’ll be at the crystal museum of the Val St Lambert in Liège. We’ll have some seller stalls but only of gear that can be used or is related to collodion or very old processes.
A lady living in Virginal (Brabant Wallon) who’s husband passed away is looking to sell her husbands collection. He was passionate about cinema mainly and includes a large cinema projector. Everything lives in her cellar Since he no longer spends his days down there the heating is turned off and she has turned off the dehumidifier to save energy. The dampness is returning and is starting to show some signs of affecting all of this stuff. I have advised she turn it back on to avoid damaging anything but she may choose not to do this so if you have any interest in any of the stuff in the pictures please be quick about it.
She is not wealthy, is losing her sight and an honest price is requested please.
If you see anything that appeals to you please contact me by email only. Not by phone. I am overworked and this close to Occaphot’ I fear my memory will fail me too much to deal with phone requests.
I prefer to sell the lot, there’s no way I can handle selling individual items at this point.
Thank you kindly.